The Cannondale App will record your GPS track and ascent (how many feet or meters you climbed) for each ride. The App uses your phone’s location services to record GPS and ascent.
If you have some rides that are missing GPS and ascent, those rides’ map images default to San Francisco (iOS) or Africa (Android).
To capture GPS and ascent be sure you have:
- Allowed the Cannondale App to use Location in your phone’s OS:
- Android: Settings > Apps & notifications > Cannondale > Permissions > Location
- iOS: Settings > Privacy > Location Services (On) > Cannondale > Always
(See photo below)
(Note: "While Using the App" is not sufficient)
- Your paired phone with you and powered on when you ride
- Bluetooth enabled on your phone
- The Cannondale App running in the background
(Note: If you power off your phone or update software, you need to re-open the App after)
If you ride without your paired mobile device, you will only be able to see speed, distance and time data for a ride. This data is automatically recorded and stored by the Wheel Sensor any time you ride, and will appear after the App next connects with the Wheel Sensor.
iOS Location Services permission must be set only on "Always"