The Cannondale App relies on a Bluetooth connection with the Cannondale Wheel Sensor to track your rides and bike usage history.
The wheel circumference setting in the App must be correct for your wheel/tire size and get sent to the Sensor in order to get accurate speed and distance. Occasionally the setting may look right in the App, but not be correctly stored on the Sensor. If your sensor connects to the App while riding, but you see 0 or grossly wrong speed / distance follow the steps below and pay careful attention to the important note in step 7.
To check that your Wheel Sensor is properly paired with the App and circumference is properly set:
- Wait until your Wheel Sensor has not been spinning for at least 10 minutes
- Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled and be at your bike with good Internet connectivity
- In the Cannondale App go to Garage > Tap on bike name
- Scroll down to the Sensors section. If you see:
- No sensor listed: Tap on “+ Add Sensor” and follow instructions on screen
- Sensor with name “SPD-BLE…”: Tap on it to open the Sensor info page
- Spin the wheel 2-3 revolutions. You should see the LED light built into the Sensor flashing green (see photo 1).
- Within 5-15 seconds the Sensor and App should connect, and you will see:
- Green/Red battery level lights appear at top of Sensor page
- A “Disconnect” option appears at bottom of the page (see photo 2)
If your sensor fails to connect at this stage, see this article
- While the sensor is connected, set the correct Wheel size and Tire width for your front tire:
Important: if the Wheel and Tire settings are already on the correct numbers, then change them to something else, save that, and then change them back to the correct values and save again
- Tap "Edit"
- Set Wheel Size
- Set Tire Width
- Tap "Save"
- Move Back to the Garage
- Tap on the Ride screen (bike icon) from the bottom nav
- While spinning the wheel you should see:
- Bike name appear in top right corner
- Duration starts counting
- Speed shows values
You have now verified your Wheel Sensor is paired with your bike in the App and circumference is properly set. Enjoy your ride!
Photo 1: LED location
Photo 2: Sensor connected (left) and sensor not connected (right)